Sunday, April 14, 2013

New Regime

With summer just around the corner I do not want to spend another sunny day covering my arms and much of my legs. I know I've missed that window of opportunity not getting it together last fall to have a truly glorious summer of being slim but BETTER LATE THAN NEVER is what I keep telling myself. And living in the Northwest summer technically does not star till mid July...so I've got some time!

So unless I get a fairy godmother who grants me the wish of being a size 4 with a flat belly, no back titties and no health issues I sadly will probably not be looking like this this summer....

But at least if I start taking care of myself now, hitting the gym 4-5 times a week and really watching what I eat I won't be spending the summer looking like this...


I weighed myself for the first time in months last week and I couldn't have been more mad at myself. I have avoided it for so long like a stupid idiot. When most peoples clothes feel a little snug its because they are having a food baby or on their period or perhaps gained a couple of lbs. When my clothes fit a little snug its because I've gained 10lbs pounds. It really creeps up on me like a dirty molester in the night. But I'm glad I was ballsy enough to do it. I will not announce my weight on here at least until I may my silver weight loss goal (2nd or 3rd) but I will say this even if you don't follow the BMI chart (which I don't) it isn't a healthy weight for my height and it does not look good. Put a dress on a potato and you have my body. Okay that is mean please don't think I am body dysmorphic.

I think even though the break up what absolutely what I wanted I was still very much mourning the relationship. Its sad, yo. It was the best choice for both of us but it still makes me sad. I think I was much more like this than I had anticipated I would be.
 
okay you may be hating me right now. Think I'm cruel. shallow, immature okay. I am probably all the above. But I've got ambition and big dreams for myself.
 
New Goals for myself:
 
4-5 times a week of gym time. 6 if I am feeling up to it. The 6th day being, yoga, pilates or even just a long walk with the dogs. Some physical activity that doesn't necessarly involve the gym.
 
Try something new once a week. The possibilities for this are endless! It can by physical related (zumba anyone?), it can be intellectual ( support your local bookstore, damn the amazon man!), or it can be food related. I've never tried deep fat fried twinkies so that is a no, but try a new food like parsnips or brazil nuts.
 
FOOD FOOD FOOD! This has been my down fall since the dawn of my time. I love food. Fried foods, saucey foods, sweet foods, spicey foods give it to me give it to me. but I gotta want to be thin more than I want a plate of french fries.
 
I know I need to prioritize my foods or else I will fail and never get remotely close to being fit. You know this, I know this and my sex life knows this. So I've set up goals and meal plans for myself.
 
I've signed myself up again for weight watchers. My beef with weight watchers in the past is they really nix a lot of good for you food simply because of the fat. They really need to get over the whole fat is bad concept. You know what is bad? The chemical low cal shit storms you promote on your website. But... I've decded to rejoin because weight watchers does help keep track of your food, gives you insightful types, community support and when you do cheat you know just how bad you've cheated and know how to quickly correct it.
 
 
So just to clarify I will not be buying any of the suggest weight watchers products. I will however eat real foods and figure them into my points plus. I hope that the combo of the two will ensure weight loss and prevent me from starving if I dare I allow myself a side of starch or a yummy fried treat not on my meal plan.



  1. Monday: Meatless menu. Its very important that if you aren't a vegan or vegetarian to have one day without meats. Its good for your body, makes you aware of your food and its great for the planet,
  2. Cavegirl Tuesday: I loathe paleo as a lifestyle choice. A life without ice cream, parmesan and potatoes? Bitch please. But my body does like paleo foods (when I cook them right). And I support what the meal plan enforces. WHOLE FOODS!
  3. weight watcher wednesday- try a weight watchers recipe, eat a small treat here or there but not starchy carbs after 5 and must have veggie and fruit with every meal. 
  4. Cavegirl Thursday: Repeat!
  5. Pescetarian(sp?) friday. Fish and eggs are okay. Same as wednesday just no livestock and no starchy carbs after 5.
     
  6.  
  7. Cheat Meal- This can be whatever my heart desires. I've been jonesing for some teriyaki for about a week or two. It will be the cheat of the week. The rest of the day will include two either low carb meal, one meatless meal or one paleo meal.
  8. Sunday repeat of saturday. I can allow myself one cheat meal but the other two must fit with the weekly guidelines easy. I feel is pretty reasonable. 
I got goals. Back to the weight thing. I have targets I want to meet. I know its a lot of weight to lose but I really would like to make it to that happy weight loss goal.I also should reward myself when i do good.
 
1.) First ten pounds gone : Delux Manicure or Eyebrow wax from Gene Juarez
 
2.) 15-20lbs weight loss :Balayage Hair treatment.
 
 
3.) 25lbs weight loss: 40 dollar forever 21 or H&M spree!
 
4.) 30-35 lbs: Passport!!!!!!!! I may not be able to afford Europe but it would be nice to have that passport issue taken care of if I ever win a trip.
 
I really hope I do not plateau at 30-35lbs. I am sure I will as I am no longer 20. Ideally I'd like to lose 42 to 62 pounds. That may seem like a lot..and boy it sure is.
 
If I ever make 50lbs weight loss...Anthropologie here I come.
 
 
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment