Sunday, April 21, 2013

Haters gonna hate

As I said in an earlier post...I think my first post, I never thought I was thin. I never thought I was fat or gross, until people started telling me I was. And until I noticed a very big difference between how I was treated and how my naturally thin friends were treated. But even around 115-125 (my smallest weight) I still had people from time to time comment about how overweight I was or could stand to lose more. Are you kidding? I ran a ton, I did yoga, I did kickboxing...I'm more active than you and you have the audacity to tell me to lose more weight? Okay...as an adolescence this was not my come back response. And I just gave in to the judging and ate more and stopped working out. I did so off and on but i was not consistent and the weight crept on. And it crept even into my early to mid twenties. I get into a fight with a boyfriend or lover or someone I've just been dating and the first attack move they make is about my weight. If I was so fucking fat then why the hell were you with me? I let the weakness and immaturity of others impair me and that wasn't the right move on my part.

This is just a reminder to all that you are not going to please everyone. There are more bullies than saints and those bullies are going to just bring you down to their level. The best thing you can do is brush it off as best as you can and move on. It is easier said than done, but you have to remind yourself that you are the better person and how sad it is that THEY feel the need to ATTACK on that level because they never learned anything different. Really, bullies are just a sad product of poor upbringing. Feel sympathy and not rage for these people.

Just an example of what ex lovers, strangers, friends, boyfriends, bullies thought was "fat".

The jr.high high school hunk everyone adored and me. I thought I was totes cool to have this photo, lol. I was about 115 here.

about 128 ish.

These next three were from my last summer in the 130s. I was probably the healthiest in this weight than in around 115 because I ate better and had more versatility in my exercises. Also I was proud of that belly. That was a belly that liked to do yoga, crunches, cardio, weights and ate in moderation. Sure I could have attempted to have washboard abs but I'd be miserable with out pasta.


Bottom line is even if I was 500lbs with a hunchback they had no right to say those things to me. No one is the authority of beauty least of all bullies. Fuck what others say. Life is about doing what makes you happy and not trying to please the world. Because the world sucks.




No comments:

Post a Comment