Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Once more with feeling

Oh my glob. I have been eating like a monster the past couple of days. Pre- cleanse I was like fries, yes! Spaghetti with lots of parmesan yes! Monster burger, yes! Starbucks dairy crack drink YES!

I have to keep telling myself that when I am missing these foods that I am switching something good for something better. That something better being a better body, better mood, better internal organs and over all better me.

Liver Cleanse is actually a lot more easy going than say paleo or even low glycemic index. I will try to abide by the rules of said low glycemic and maybe a teeny bit of paleo. Only in the sense that though Liver Cleanse allows gluten that I will not be partaking in any. The author stated, "if you think you might be allergic try cutting it out." And the 8 weeks will really judge how my body functions without it. I already know after my two weeks sans it that it probably does not like it.

Wish me luck. No Dairy, No Gluten, mostly organic (what I can afford!) and most importantly no processed foods and no soda. And week 3,4,5,6 are going to be mostly vegan. egg whites and fish okay but fish is expensive especially wild caught so I will probably mostly be vegan. Vegan and gluten free is going to be TOUGH. The only gluten free vegan I know is a bitch. I may not have friends after this.

With the whole Barilla creator claiming he hates the gays and that a woman's place is in the kitchen... this should keep me away from the pasta aisle. I did buy some brown rice pasta though for those days where I am seriously missing Italian food so much that I am about to throw out a message in a bottle into a stormy sea.

I told my sister soda will actually be harder to give up than dairy or gluten and she said, "because soda is designed to keep you hooked." YUP just imagine some dick chemist in a lab creating soda to chastise you and keep you addicted! Perrier Pink Grapefruit is actually a good sub for soda when you just cant beat the craving. Its fizzy, good and hydrating. Zero calories, zero aspartame, just water with a little flavor. :)

My few random readers I will keep you up to date. I'll write an entry tomorrow or Wednesday discussing my first day.

Tomorrows meals include, veggie juice, gluten free steel cut oats with berries and butternut squash salad with lentil soup.

  
 Sir Winston REALLY wanted my last frappuchino

 This fucker. Vanilla Bean Frappe. I haven't had one of these since high school. I loved them. Lord knows how much sugar is in this. I had my first sip as my sayanora to dairy. OMG pure vanilla. Delicious. I'll miss thee and I promise I will not order 9 after the cleanse.

 
The above photos are from my time in Leavenworth. I would have taken a more attractive photo of my last burger but I was extremely hungry and tired when I ate it. I can assure you it was good. As was the pretzel.
 
The town was so precious. I need to visit Bavaria.

No comments:

Post a Comment