Friday, October 4, 2013

Update

Good morning (afternoon) world!

Here is another update on my cleanse adventure.

Day 1: I woke up craving donuts. Yeah. And then i realized today was detox day 1.

On liver cleanse you are suppose to start each morning drinking a ton of water followed by an 8oz  vegetable juice. I am not blessed with a fabulous juicer so I bought a juice from the health food store. It looks like what comes out of a vegan after a colonic. I was repulsed by its murky muddy green appearance. Surprise though it tastes better than it looks. Thanks to the mango and apple in it!

Breakfast was gluten free steel cut oats with strawberries and a little bit of agave and crushed pecans. Delicious but I needed a bit more with it as I was still pretty hungry.









I can't remember what I had for lunch...oh yeah I made a pot of kale and lentil soup. My sister likes this soup I don't know if I love lentils as much as a vegetarian or vegan should. I added Siracha to the soup and the spice made it tolerable. I paired it with a butternut squash salad. Sorry I don't have a photo for either as i was hungry and devoured it all before I could take one.

Is anyone else as sexy as me when they work out and sweat beneath their boobs. FTW!

Dinner was good. Quinoa with steamed asparagus (a little too steamed) and salmon patties brushed with pesto. I devoured it all instantly and ate two patties because extra protein is better than extra carbs. I did manage to take a picture for you all.

You can purchase salmon patties at costco or I suppose anywhere really. These came from costco. Will probably make this meal tonight when I get home.

Something that I HAVE to remember if I want to be successful is to eat enough calories. I ate a sweet potato day 2 because I had a ravenous salt craving. So i sprinkled a little bit of salt and added vegan butter. It was good but sweet potatoes are tricky to microwave but thanks to pinterest I found a recipe to crock pot them so I can now cook a bunch and grab to go. And yesterday I was so hungry my parents left a costco rotisserie chicken out and I ate half of the breast. This isn't awful of me. Chicken is a meat I can eat (probably not costco but whatevs) and sweet potatoes are allowed on both liver cleanse, paleo and ask any womens health magazine. However had those foods not been around I could have been in a heap of trouble as my home is usually stocked with french bread loafs and enriched grain pasta.

 Reducing your calories will allow anyone to lose weight however you need to eat an adequate amount so your blood sugar doesn't go out of control. And no one wants to be around you when you are hangry as I kind of have been. This will probably be the #1 challenge during this period.

No comments:

Post a Comment