Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tribute to Starch

Dear Starch-

I regret to inform you that we need to take some time apart. It is not you, it is me. I can't control myself when I am around you. When we meet it is love at first sight and I become lost in the bounty of your bread basket. You give me comfort when I am sad and you bring me joy when I am happy. You have been good to me but have also hurt me. After reading the Glycemic Load book by Robert Thompson it has just validated the fact that you are making me fat. Not meat, not dairy, not the occasional chocolate treat but you. Well...you and lack of exercise on my part. Its worse than being gluten intolerant, because I can not tolerate any starch. Rice included. That is why I gain weight in my middle, why I'll continue to gain weight in my middle if I don't part ways. I won't say that I'll never come back. Dr. Thompson said glucose shocks occur if you are constantly eating starch and eating items with a high load (over 100). A piece of bread will not kill you so long as the rest of your diet is fine and you exercise. A palm of potato fries or rice will not hurt either. But for now we need to seperate. I need to experience life without you. And I need to treat myself better and you are not treating me better right now. With regret and sadness we part for now but will someday hopefully be reunited once more.

With love,

Moi.










No comments:

Post a Comment