Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Meatless Monday

Meatless Monday-

Remember I mentioned something about a big hippie that lives in me and feels guilt whenever i embark on some tasteless low carb adventure? Well I am right, there is a big hippie in me and sadly it isn't a pot smoking anarchist who uses reusable maxi bads (I've seen them at health markets.)

The hippie in me loves animals, probably a lot more than people. I'd watch a movie where teens get blown to bits before watching a movie where someone kicks a dog.

Despite being very into beauty I do try tho make sure all my products are not tested on animals and  have received the loco PETA approval. I'm no hypocrit, I'll admit there are products I own that may or may not(have not specified so most likely do) but in my defense I've tried the animal friendly products and they do nothing for me. My hair is the most ridiculous and I must have my Kerastase or Fredric Fekkai or else I have Inigo Montoya hair from Princess bride. Or I have to use crest toothpaste and Secret deoderant. The vegan ones I bought left my mouth feeling as if it had gunk in it and I smelled like a barn with the deoderant.

So I won't lie and plead not guilty to never using animal products. However, I do feel more comfortable ethically if I don't over induldge.

As a general rule of thumb I try to stick to meatless monday. I don't consume meat that much because I'm so poor (thanks museum). But I wanted to pick a day where I strictly don't eat it any more. Going meatless just one day a week helps the environment a ton! Google it. Link provided below, if you are unable.

Todays meals included:

Vegan smoothie- blackberries, peaches, pom juice, almond milk and cranberries.

lunch: low carb pizza with spinach and pineapple. Was strange but okay. I'll post a picture and recipe tomorrow for those interested.

Dinner: Eggplant parmesan and side of spaghetti with red pepper flakes.

Second dinner: (don't judge I was starving) Once slice whole wheat bread and a small bowl of cereal. Still meatless.

It wasn't the best meal plan for veggie monday, considering the lack of veggies but I am poor poor till thursday. I plan to spend a little extra on veggies because....well I just need to eat more. And I think I need to break up with pasta for a little bit. Being poor it is a go to food and we both need to see other people.

In addition to meatless monday I'm going to start Vegan Fridays. Meatless Monday will eventually turn into vegan but I just bought a lot of cheese last pay period and I don't want to waste it. My body can handle cheese so long as I don't go overboard but I think to fully benefit the animal community If I do consume dairy I have a serving a day, if that. I can do without it for those two full days a week.

http://www.meatlessmonday.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment