Friday, January 3, 2014

Warrior Dash Training

Okay Okay. I know what some of you may be wondering. Vitoria...where is your new years resolution to lose weight? Well i didn't make one bitches! Why? Because losing weight, being healthy and staying that way is a lifetime goal not just a goal for the new year. Last year I gave myself a lot of shit for wanting to be healthy but reverting back to abusive patterns. I probably need to see a shrink to find out why I did that. Part of the reason that I recognize though is I was so petrified of failure that when i did fail i would fail miraculously. I have a lot of self doubt that could have been brought about by childhood. When a teacher told me I was not good enough or smart enough my parents would side with them, when I fell during rollerskating or fell off my bike my dad would yell at me and then would tell me to leave it be. When my parents tried to get me to play a sport I was not interested in I'd throw a fit and they'd get mad at me and leave it be. I'm 29. I don't blame my parents for the way I am today and I know in many other departments my parents were and are great people and I am very lucky to have them but that residual "oh well you failed so just leave it." feeling still exists.

So whats a girl to do now? Well....in November I signed up for the Warrior Dash with my friend Jen. We wanted to do it last year but found out too late and the sign up fee was more than either of us could afford. But a sign from the God and the Goddess herself, the sign up fee was cut in half for cyber monday so we signed up that morning. By signing up I made a promise to myself. To train as hard as possible for the event, to start eating like a healthy adult and not a college student or as a friend called it, "12 year old whos parents are out of town) until the event. The event I think is the end of July so I have a long time, but that time will pass before I know it (ugh!)

Whats the plan you ask? I took a gym hiatus so the first two weeks are just light routine to get back into the groove of things. 30 mins of spin bike one day followed by stretching, 35 min treadmill, 30 min elliptical, 30 min bike, 35 min elliptical. Very very basic right? Eh... I took a long hiatus. I'm not trying to be lazy I am just not wanting to cause injury and still get my body use to moving. I did also sign up for a 10 day abs yoga challenge that i started yesterday. If I have some extra money by mid next week after I pay off le ipod, gas and pay the gym then I am going to drop in on a local ballet class. Its for beginners so I will be with 16 above people. Its 8 dollars to drop in but I have to buy some ballet shoes( hence why I need to see how much I have next week)

After the two weeks are up. I will stick to (for the following two) the five to six times a week work out. 4 days of cardio, one of strength and one ballet/yoga/pilates. I need the three at least once a week to work on my balance. One of the challenges of warrior dash is balance beam. I have zilch balance. Balance is all in core so I need to focus daily on that. After that two weeks is up I will be adding two days of strength training. The rest of the challenges are pull up type deals. I have no upper body strength and never have. Even at my fittest, it was the weakest. Training upper body is a must. BUT i need to still up my cardio 45 min to an hour and i need to keep yoga/pilates/ballet or else I will bulk. Muscle burns fat so it is crucial that when one wants to lose weight they incorprate it in their work outs however once upon a time when i had a trainer he told me that my body loves to build muscle. It builds it much more easily than burning fat. So to be careful when training and not over do it. Cardio Cardio Cardio he told me but don't forget to lift.

My food plan will probably be to gradually reduce starch through out the day. None after 5. Vegan wraps or some breakfast cereal is okay on certain days. Basically lean protein, veggies, some fruit (berries) are to become my bestest friends.

I do have a goal for the dash. I would like to have dropped between 40-55 pounds. That is a lot yes? Well...its what I want and I do think its doable with the proper training and a healthy attitude about food.

Now whats so different about this year than last, that you might be asking? Last year I did want it. I wanted to be fit and happy and secure but I had a lot of hurdles thrown my way on top of dealing with a break up that didn't leave me crushed but left me feeling like i wasted a lot of time. This year i did find out something about me though that was a glimmer of hope. I am a huge nerd and I took the sorting hat quiz on Pottermore written by the one and only J.K Rowling. I got sorted in the house Slytherin! I never thought of myself as such because Slytherins are ambitious, cunning and a tad arrogant. But according to Sorting Hat you are placed in a house by traits that you possess that you may not recognize within yourself. Everything Slytherin stands for is what I long to be. Anyway I am ambitious and cunning...I will meet my goal this year and I will not stop until I have it within reach.

I also want to date. Remember my post a couple hours ago about being fearless? I will start dating again soon. I have been over my ex for a long time now, it wasn't that that was holding me back. I was happy being by myself. I've said it time and time again I seriously DON'T GET people who can't be alone. I loved it. I had my pugs, my friends, family and I loved just doing what I want when I want. Its a great freedom. And I still would chose being single and happy than in a relationship and unsure. It was also just not a good time financially for a relationship...again one of the benefactors in me not losing weight last year or choosing not to date. But it has been a while and I would really like to start going out on dates again. I'm 29. I'm still youngish and a relationship is something I would like in my life. I'll probably reopen my match.com page( I deleted it because I was paranoid about being fat. God damn it be fearless you!) in march. After valentines so there is no pressure and yeah! I'm excited to reopen that up. And if someone like Tom Hiddleston comes into the museum store and asks me out before they then .....how you doin?

Of course I will keep you all updated on my fitness challenges. I'll only post weight stuff when I reach milestones. ie minus 15 pounds, new smaller jeans, goal weight ect ect.

No comments:

Post a Comment