Tuesday, January 7, 2014

"It ain't easy being green."

Breakfast was avocado toast on sprouted grain bread and kiwi with Kind granola. It did not fill me up in the slightest. I came back from my Nordstroms adventure hangry. I was about 95% vegan today but I was 100% dairy free so that is something yes?

Lunch was a prepackaged soup thing and left over BBQ chips from the hipster cafe by my work. Not super healthy but like i said I was hangry and needed sustenance  that wasn't meat/dairy because its MEATLESS MONDAY! And yeah you know trying to eat more vegan friendly things.

This was dinner. I instagramed it. The vegan bloggers loved it. It was a decent meal and very healthy. Though it was my first time cooking Portobellas. I think with a few changes to seasoning it can be very delicious. Not bad for my first time though.

Regardless I am happy with this meal. I really just wanted spaghetti for the millionth time but i was like Vitoria...you bought all this hippie stuff and you are going to eat it! No one wants to fuck the spaghetti monster so get it together! Okay...me okay..


Quinoa and kale salad with apples: 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa. Kale massaged with 1/2 avocado. juice of 1/2 lemon and some garlic salt. Add cooked quinoa to kale mixture and add sunflower seeds and diced apple.

Portobella: remove stem and gills. Make x in the hat of mushroom. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake at 400. Allow each side to cook for ten minutes.

Sweet Potato: Bake at 400. foil wrap the potato but spear it with a fork or knife a few times. Put on foiled bake sheet (when cooking sweet potatoes squirt and can leave a mess). Bake for 1 hour. 

p.s: I topped my potato with earth balance butter and salt. 

The day was mostly successful. I went to the gym and had a post gym snack of celery, hummus and orange slices. 

Tomorrow I will be eating meat for dinner. Its also the first night I am implementing no starch after 5 rule. Salmon burgers and stir fry veggies will probably be on the menu.

In other news I will need to break the bank to get nuts. Gosh damn cashews, brazil nuts and almonds are costly!

No comments:

Post a Comment