Friday, January 10, 2014

Update

This week has been pretty uneventful.

My proud moments: Talking myself out of take out and instead preparing meals at home.
Talking myself into going to the gym even though I felt really fat (you think this would encourage gym going but sometimes not for me.)
And eating lots more greens, fruits and learning how to prepare a portobella.
I avoided papa murphys cheesey saucey pepperoni pizza and opted for thin crust with a sprinkle of cheese and three different vegetables. And you know...the healthy pizza was more delicious than the pepperoni. 

Bad moments: It wouldn't be fair if I didn't recognize the bad.
I opted to skip the gym today because I ate so late.
I went crazy on the starch today and felt...prepare for TMI...constipated. What? Like I haven't reveled worse confessions on this thing?
And I had a yogurt today..fart city. I swear when i start dating I can only dine on dairy free gluten free meals. Vegan restaurants and Asian places here I come. 
I have not stuck to my no carbs after 5 thing.

Yesterday I tried to at least stick to a gluten dairy free day but my quinoa pasta was not good!

I have raved about brown rice pasta...well as much raving as one can do over anything gluten free so I figured I'd try quinoa pasta. The brand is always on sale and now I know why. No good. I'll stick to quinoa in quinoa form but this...just kind of made me want to gag.

Part of the beef with switching into a healthier lifestyle as I have mentioned before on here is DO NOT LET YOURSELF GET HUNGRY!

When you get hungry you are more likely to cheat. You will seek comfort in your favorite foods and go overboard. At least I do.

I am all for people making resolutions to get fit and healthy but please don't be dumb and say I WILL NEVER EAT PIZZA OR FRIES EVER! That sounds like a shitty life dude. How bout just picking two days a month to eat those things. Some of the fittest people I know practice an 80/20 ratio. 80 good 20 naughty. I am still working on this with myself...i'll let you know how that goes.

So I feel my body starting to get back into the groove of working out. I had taken such a long hiatus that I didn't want to cause injury. Therefore next week will really be interesting as my work outs will be getting longer and harder. My favorite spin instructor is back and I'll be taking that class again, more elliptical, a day of weights (for two weeks than i'll add another day) and barre or yoga or pilates. I found barre and pilates online so I am excited for that. I'd love to be money bags and go to a studio in seattle but I just can't hack that.

My food will be stricter too. I've been very lax these days and just wanted to focus on making better choices. Changing your food needs to be realistic. I am aware. I don't believe in low carb dieting either and that is what paleo is so please save me the commentary. I did low carb diets lost 15 gained 30! But because of my insulin resistance and savage body I need to lay off the starch. Lord give me mercy. Next grocery visit I need to invest in some cashews and walnuts, lean proteins, fruits and dark leafy greens.

I want to focus on reducing carbs through out the day, most in the morning and focusing on good carbs; gluten free steel cut oats, Kind Granola with fruit and greek yogurt, ect, sweet potatoes, quinoa kale salads and tofu wraps for lunch and dinner ending with some lean protein and lots of vegetables.

I agree with paleo about reducing starch for better complex carbohydrates (avocado is not a carb but okay people) lessoning the sugar intake or depleting it and eating fresh produce. Healthy food equals healthy you I think we can all agree on.

What will really keep me motivated is why I want and need the change. Like this brave woman in this video I too feel stuck in my life. Everyone seems to be moving at warp speed into the future and I feel held back. It was liberating not to really give a fuck last year but the reality of that is dawning on me. I don't want this year to pass without making serious changes. I feel like I have wasted too much time but every day is another opportunity to turn it around. I'll keep you posted and more recipes to come.

http://www.wimp.com/womangym/




No comments:

Post a Comment