Friday, August 30, 2013

Brown Rice Noodles

Don't believe the starving angry ridiculousness that is the paleo enthusiasts that zucchini noodles are just as good if not better (god damn you for such blasphemy!) than regular noodles. I have prepared zucchini noodles many many ways and I can tell you that they are indeed a poor substitute for regular spaghetti noodles. Don't even get me started on spaghetti squash! Mother fucker hated to bake even when I tried cooking it many ways and it created a huge mess. Never again.

I was particularly hangry when I made the brown rice noodles. I had an abysmal lunch and an abysmal breakfast. Spaghetti is my favorite of all time foods. It is also the most harmful to my insulin resistant self. Such a love hate thing. Like Chris Brown and Rhianna. Except I am Rhiannas head and spaghetti is the car door in which Chris Brown slammed her head in.

Brown rice can still raise your insulin. Fuck you. Though if you are blessed with a body that doesn't work against you but are trying to stay away from the grain this is a lovely alternative to spaghetti. It tastes great, but does require longer prep time than regular noodles.

The Wheat Belly Cookbook that I read he doesn't want you to eat any starch really, as it is likely that since you are allergic to gluten you may be intolerant of other grains (as most humans are) basically humans should only eat meat, veggies, fruits and nuts (again fuck you paleo) but I do think it is arguable that you can have some dairy and the least processed grains in your diet. As is evident with primal diet followers (like paleo but much more relaxed) and people whom are in great shape but do not follow a specific diet where as just stay away from processed foods. I highly recommend this book.



The author of Wheat Belly did say that some grains in light moderation (NO WHEAT!) are okay, (ie brown rice, quinoa and a couple more) but to not get caught up in buying anything simply because it is labeled gluten free. Potato chips are gluten free but you are not going to look like Jessica Biel if you eat the whole bag! Sad fact or else my date tonight would be a bag of BLT Lays. He also encourages while light moderation is okay to not let it overcome each meal. The focus is staying away from most starch and focusing on lean meats, veggies, fruits and other alternatives. Sorry dude but riced cauliflower will never be as good as rice.

You can buy Brown Rice noodles most anywhere now. I saw them at Fred Meyers but I bought mine at Marlenes (locations in Federal way and Tacoma).

No comments:

Post a Comment