Sunday, December 22, 2013

Another year...

Hello all.

Yesterday was my birthday. 29. 29. Can you believe it? The way I rant...I can't!

I woke up at around 10ish excited to have slept in. I have been waking up with my arms crossed in front of my face as if I was a kid asleep in class. I strolled out of bed, drank some water, played online then waited impatiently while my mother made me Mexican food. Delightful! I then opened presents from my sister who bought me.

Hopefully I will be as lovely as Lauren Conrad and as perfect as Mindy Kaling this 2014.

Other gifts include from mi madre and close friends;





This was a great birthday. I spent time with family and friends. I also had carbs which as you know very well..I love! I almost did not celebrate though and I feel immense guilt for admitting this but part of me wishes I had not. Not because I had a bad time...no no but I also just disliked this year so much and felt I had nothing really to show for it that..why celebrate? But ultimately I made the decision to celebrate because 1. I like presents, 2. I like the people in my life so why wouldn't I want to celebrate an awful year gone by that will hopefully not reoccur in 2014.

Most people would assume 2012 was a bad year for me. It wasn't I had some great moments in 2012. I got my tattoo I had wanted for years, Tudor Rose! I traveled to San Francisco and I got out of a long dead end relationship. Sounds like good things to me! 2013 has been nothing but failures and dead ends. I felt stuck. Constantly stuck. I had to relearn how to be single again but unlike in the past how I felt so much better being single than attached and if that is so will I ever be okay in a relationship again. This year asked more questions than answered. Though I still feel a bit in the mud I feel more relieved than I have been in the past.

29. Its not old but its not exactly young. I did feel like taking a nap in the afternoon.

In other news since this is techincally a health/food blog. I took photos with three friends. God. This is why I did not want a party. PHOTOS! I look like an obese Asian. Also, the curling iron I got hates my hair which really depresses me. But next year I must look at this photo. Daily. When I think about giving up just look. When I think I'd rather eat and mourn, than rise and work out. When I think I don't want to date but really I do. When I think I'm not so bad looking but could look so much better. When I ignore my constant acne and anxiously want to eat sugar. Just  look. Just look at this photo. Not the person you want to be. Not the person you wanted to celebrate. FYI I am the very fat one on the right.

I can't and will not celebrate my 30th looking like this.




No comments:

Post a Comment