Thursday, February 7, 2013

Turkey

So.... i made a little extra money selling some clothes. I still need to sell the rest because 1. I have an addiction 2. I never really wear half of my addiction. 3. I'm not the weight I want to be so...until I'm closer to that I REALLY REALLY REALLY need to stop taking out my frustration on my credit cards.

Todays lunch was moderately healthy. Fresh fruit from the cafe, turkey and pesto on whole wheat and...... I only asked for three ravioli pieces! Technically I gave up SPAGHETTI NOODLES not raviolis. so don't judge, lol.

The lunch was alright, my fruit was yum and the ravioli was good and like any other addict I wanted more. I'm going to shy away from sliced turkey from now on though. A co-worker and friend of mine recently decided she wasn't going to buy meat unless she knew everything about where it came from. I really admire this. And I think when I make a bit more money I would love to invest in getting some meat from actual farms. Really truly that is with no sarcasm, I'd love to do that. As I was eating my turkey I kept imaginging it in one of those dark rooms with no ventilation like they had chickens in on Food inc. ICK! I recommend anyone and everyone watching the film, but be warned they slash a chickens throat at an organic farm while others watch in horror and show pigs getting squashed to death. Nicht Gut.

Anyway; so I may not have a lot of money (powerball lords hear me!) but I have good intentions. I think when purchasing meat from now on I need to do so through Marlenes (food co-op). And will stick to vegetarian options via my works cafe.

I can't ever be completely vegan because of my insulin resistance but I can make more animal friendly choices. The tofu I made the other night was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment