Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Meatless....tuesday

I utterly failed at meatless Monday. Why you may ask? Well...this is what happens when you do not prepare your meals, ie not going to the grocery store when you're suppose to. I indulged in a costco dog and some chicken..... I know chickens united are going to have my head for this. BUT I did decide to make Tuesday a meatless day to make up for my indulgences. Dinner included Tofu stir fry and brown jasmine rice. Also, I am day three into no pasta and no soda. I'm going to commit to one week without either and sunday I was a huge fatty and ate both at midnight. Why am I fat? So.....Tuesday if I desire them i will eat them. I got spaghetti squash and zucchini though to help when i want it. More postings coming to a blog near you. Including smoothie recipes, lower carb recipes and this one. Tofu Stirfry. Enjoy...

Tofu Stirfry

One block super firm tofu
one half can of baby corn
one small zucchini
one half bell pepper
a small cup of pineapple
one small head of broccoli cut up

Heat to medium on wok. Combine Mirin (or rice vinegar), low sodium teryaki sauce and seasame oil. Throw ingredients in wok and work the oil over.

I cooked mine for about ten minutes or so. Maybe less and reduced the heat so the items did not burn. I also poured some more sesame oil over, about a tablespoons worth. Top of with siracha!

Brown Jasmine rice was cooked in two cups of water, with a teaspoon of butter and salt and pepper. Once boiling dump one cup rice and cover for about 30-40 minutes. Others suggest cooking the rice in a broth and my rice was a little bland so I believe i will try a veggie broth next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment