Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Deep Thoughts

SIKE! Is that still a thing? Sike? Whatever, if you were born in 2000 or later than you probably don't know. In which case, it means false or just kidding, j.k as you all know.

I'm at work and its kind of a slow well...there are people and parking was kind of balls but they aren't buying by the truck load. Which is okay because I've been on the internet all day and the few visitor questions keep me busy.

I've been having trouble sleeping. I think this is due to diet. I've been eating God awful and the reasons for doing so are many. 1. I am depressed 2. I am depressed I don't make sufficient money to get a head in the world 3. I am depressed that it does take money to not just be happy but to be secure. 4. I'm depressed because I am fat. 5. It makes me eat more. 6. The littlest things seem to set me off and keep me up at night. 7. Because of all the above my body is seriously causing a revolution from within......

 I am getting grotesquely sick from high fat foods. It started out as acid reflux and then it got worse. IBS (please I won't describe it.), trapped gas which feels like I am being disemboweled, tight pinching pain in my chest that I was convinced was a heart attack that felt like this....


and nausea so bad that I was dry heaving. It takes a lot for me to puke, like too much tequila or one too many long island ice teas (early 20's) and my body has never responded more negatively to food as it has now.

After this feeling, I believe that Columbus's Curse is real. Let me explain. Brown people are getting sicker. Hispanics and Native Americans are more likely to develop gallbladder issues and insulin resistance due to the American diet. No I am not attacking dairy or meat, but I am attacking all processed foods that maybe once upon a time started out as a food group but mutated into something else. Its killing us, especially the brown people. Columbus's Curse is real.



I'm making note of all the things my body doesn't like. So far anything high in fat has been the death of me. I also had a cookie just a little bit ago since I won't be getting a real break at work and I indeed feel sick. I think its the combo of butter/sugar.

Foods I'll be consuming more of that don't seem to bother me:

Fresh fruits and vegetables
Lean protein
Rice- not fried
Potatos- so long as they are not fried.
Spelt bread
Greek Yogurt
Green Smoothies
handfuls of nuts
PHO!
Asian food that is not spicy

My family has had gallbladder issues. Two aunts and a cousin had to have theirs removed and I do not want to ever go under the knife unless I absolutely have to. I know a woman who had her gallbladder removed who ate some toxic shit and she didn't change her diet. She still has issues with digestion and rather than solve that with diet she opted for surgery. I'm an advocate for healthy lifestyle and I would suggest for anyone with mild to moderate discomfort to try to adjust/change your routine first before considering surgery. Obviously, if you are in horrid pain please get the surgery. 

Working out and losing some fat will also help me of course. But I think cutting out the fatty foods will do wonders for my waistline and high hopes of a future sex life/career.. The past two or three weeks this has been the extent of my work outs.
Other deep thoughts aside from the above.....

-The first boyfriend of mine I took to a Homecoming dance ruined my Hollywood ideal of a High School dance as his boner poked me in the stomach for three dances. No I did not alleviate that boner and I bless the stars I didn't.

- On that note as much as I'd like to go on a date, I keep having flashbacks of really really stupid guys I've dated in the past and it makes me want to scream and run. I'm certainly not opposed but every time I'm like okay, lets open a match.com profile I'm like uh nope! I do realize I run the risk of this happening though when I do date someone I am really into....


- As a potential dater I'd also like to be financially well enough to buy any potential boyfriend a quality meal. Right now I can only afford to buy a date a Costco dog. And also, if the date goes south I'd pay for my own meal. I like to give the impression I can take care of myself and don't need your stinking salad.

 - My dog keeps pissing on my rain boots for work which could mean one or two things. 1. he is expressing his hatred for the place I work 2. Its July and I should stop wearing my rain boots.

- I have been doing another Amazon free trial deal and as much as I hate amazon and feel that they are the Wal-Mart of the book world I wish I could afford the 100 dollar fee. Instant Streaming old school Degrassi Junior High and Are You Afraid Of The Dark is so tempting.

- I need to read more.

- I took a hiatus from facebook and I still hate it but can't stop.

- 5 months from now I will be 30 and I am freaking the fuck out.

- On a good note, I never wanted children in my 20s. Even in my early teens I never thought I'd have them till I was much older (if I did indeed decide to have them). I've officially made it beyond the half way point of 29 and I can say I won't have a child in my 20s. Hells yeah.

- I can't stop eating cherries.

- I need to write more.

- I want new summer clothes but alas I am 1. Too poor for even the thrift store. 2. Too fat.

- I'm out of here soon. I am hungry and even though I planned to hit the health food store, I don't think I shall. I'll just eat my weight at their bakery, even if it is vegan. 


I'll be reposting this on my other blog too. Just can't get enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment